24th Annual East Coast Spiritual Festivity
With the prayers of H.H. Pope Tawadros II and under the auspices of H.G. Bishop Karas, we are thrilled to announce the 24th Annual East Coast Spiritual Festivity for High School and College and also the 12th Annual East Coast Spiritual Festivity for Junior High. This year the Junior High Festivity will be held on Saturday, August 8, 2020 and the High School and College Festivity will be held on Saturday, August 15, 2020 at St. George Coptic Orthodox Church of Philadelphia.
The registration fee for each participant is $20 and an additional $10 for the Individual Exam and is due on the day of the event by cash or check.
If you are a team organizer, visit the resources page to learn how to organize and register your team.
Please contacts us if you have any questions or requests by clicking here
08:30 – 10:00am Divine Liturgy
10:00 – 10:45am Breakfast & Checkin
10:45 – 11:15am Administration Meeting
11:30 – 3:30pm First Round
3:30 – 4:00pm Individual Exam
4:00 – 5:00pm Round 2
5:00 – 6:00pm Round of 16
6:00 – 7:00pm Quarter Final
7:00 – 8:00pm Semi-Final
8:00 – 9:00pm Final, 3rd & 4th Place
9:00 – 9:30pm Awards Ceremony
9:30 – 10:00pm Vespers
St. George Coptic Orthodox Church of Philadelphia
411 Dekalb Street, Norristown, PA 19401 | (610)272-7615
From New Jersey and New York
1. Take NJ Turnpike South to PA Turnpike West (Exit 6 on NJ Turnpike).
2. Take Exit 20 – Rt. 476 South (Chester).
3. After toll, get off at first exit (number 18) Norristown
4. Drive for approximately 2 – 2.5 miles. Make a right turn onto DeKalb Street. The church will be on your left hand side (cream colored building with green molding).
Parking: Go to 1st traffic light (Airy St.) after the church. Make a left turn and the parking lot will be on your right hand side.
From South (Washington, DC)
1. Take Interstate 95 North to Interstate 476 North (Plymouth Meeting)
2. Take Exit 18B (Norristown)
3. At end of ramp, turn right.
4. At traffic light turn right onto Ridge Pike.
5. Drive for 2.8 miles. Make a right turn onto DeKalb Street. The church will be on your left hand side (cream colored building with green molding).
Parking: Go to 1st traffic light (Airy St.) after the church. Make left and parking lot will be on your right hand side.
Public Transportation (SEPTA)
The church can be easily accessed using the R6 Norristown Regional Rail Line from:
Suburban Station at 16th and JFK Boulevard, Market East Station at 11th and Market, or 30th Street Station at 30th and Market St.
To get to church, take the R6 and get off at Norristown Transportation Center. Once off the train, proceed to the exit and walk northbound Dekalb St. for 2.5 blocks to 411 Dekalb St. For more information visit http://www.septa.org/